It is a great joy to see Stokvels on the Stokfella App accomplish what they have been hoping for and working hard towards. Let’s honour these Stokvels and recognise their outstanding achievements, which they have reached amid a pandemic.
We introduce to you the Stokfella Top 10 Best Performing Stokvels for the 1st Quarter of 2021.
To the Stokvel clubs mentioned on the ordered list below, sithi halala! You are a testimony that great things happen to those who are patient and work hard towards reaching their money goals together.
- Caladrius Investment Holdings – A group of medical professionals with the aim of starting a mutual bank. Caladrius Investment Holdings is a registered cooperative and they have raised more than R1-million from March 2020 to date.
- Sakhisizwe Property Stokvel – A Stokvel club with the objective of investing in high-yield multi-tenant properties in Gauteng, KZN and the Western Cape for the benefit of all their members. They provide property investment opportunities for people who want to invest in property but do not have the time, skills or large sums of money required. Sakhisizwe’s team has raised R8-million since they launched on 29 June 2019 using the StokFella platform.
- THUDmoney Franchise Stokvel – A Stokvel club that saves money together and buys franchises in order to transform communities with jobs and SME opportunities. The goal is to transform the franchising industry in South Africa. THUDmoney Franchise Stokvel bought its first store (the Jimmy’s Killer brand) in November 2020 and created jobs for shareholders, families and community members. Its second store will be launching in Soweto in June at Meadowpoint Mall in Meadowlands.
- BO Property Stokvel – BO Property Stokvel was formed in March 2020 and registered on the StokFella app in June 2020. The objective of this Stokvel is to assist members who want to save money with the aim of buying property, paying off their existing property and building and improvements on their existing property. Members contribute a minimum of R5 000 each and when the contributions reach R100 000, they invest that money in low-risk investments where they earn interest and capital is guaranteed. This stokvel club has raised more than R300 000 to date and all that money has been invested and is earning interest. Their plan is to share the money after three years.
- Kopano Collective – Kopano Collective Stokvel was established in June 2019 by a group of more than 1 000 members across all nine provinces of South Africa. Their aim is to become players in the economy through crowdfunding. Their vision is to continue to support sustainable development goals towards owning the value chain of these asset classes that will create jobs and build wealth for their members and for generations to come. Together they have raised their first million in December 2020 with their R50 monthly contributions.
- Masedi Education Stokvel – Their aim is to improve accessibility of affordable and quality education to rural communities by financing school projects and to create an investment platform for the working class who are interested in making an extra income. This stokvel has raised more than R650 000 from July 2020 to date. They have built classrooms and renovated schools.
- Mash Investment Club – Their objectives are to contribute funds with a common purpose of investing them and earning interest. The pooled funds will yield up to 10% growth per year. Members also have an option of earning compound interest on their contribution. The pooled funds will also have a “fund insurance” that protects the capital.
- Sakhumnotho Property Stokvel – This Stokvel focuses on property, primarily student accommodation on a large scale and secondary high-density residential properties. The members are currently raising capital which will enable them to invest at a scale within appetite. They are also working with a specialist adviser on the types of properties they are looking to buy and academic institutions they should target.
- The People’s Stokvel – The People’s Stokvel is a purchase order crowdfunding platform for businesses that have orders with government and the corporate sector and are looking for capital to deliver on these orders. The platform allows everyday people to participate in the growth of these talented entrepreneurs, while also making it easier for entrepreneurs to get access to funding.
- Vhumatshelo Investment Club – The aim of this Stokvel is to build wealth by acquiring properties for the benefit of their members. If you are interested in joining any of these stokvels, you could easily search for them on the Stokfella App and request to join them.
Courtesy of Spotong.